May 9, 2011

On Moving

I can still remember that fateful day.

It was year.. crap I don't really know. But I'm pretty sure that I was in grade 1 in Marie Ernestine School Cebu at that time. Natural science class. My teacher asked her students, "What is one thing that ALL animals do?"

Naturally, kids love guessing. For about 10 minutes or so, everyone was screaming out their guesses at the top of their lungs. My teacher, I think her name was Ms. Necy, shot down every answer because they were all wrong. Haha. Then the class went quiet. I knew I'd get shot down but hell, I said it out loud anyway.

MOVE.

Ms. Necy finally had a look of approval on her face and clapped her hands a little. I was correct. Oh yeah :)) Back to the present. This post is not meant to reminisce on that proud moment I had during my early elementary days. Haha. That would just be too sad.

I heard/saw somewhere: "If you're not happy where you are, MOVE." I could not have expressed this any better myself. I don't know what it is. Was it the RH bill debate? The fact that my trip will be delayed? Or that I got stung by a bee? I really don't know. Some stuff (unexpected turn of events, etc) have been keeping me from being happy lately. So I just resorted to, well, MOVING.

If only I knew and comprehended back then the philosophical weight that that simple word carried. Crazy right? Years later, I saw the disney movie, "Meet the Robinsons". It is from here that I got my new life philosophy.

KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

So true, so true. Change is inevitable so we can't always just rest on our laurels and be benchwarmers for the rest of our lives. You know what? Just do it.

God, look at the time. I'm coming, bed!