May 7, 2011

Day 9

How important you think education is:

Education > Jobs/Career > Family Income > Insured > Repeat

Education's main purpose is not just to get a 9 to 5 job in the future. If you go to school thinking that you HAVE to drag yourself there to become a hotshot lawyer or doctor, then I think you have the wrong mindset. Yes, education can give you opportunities that other under/uneducated people can't have but there is more to be had here than just opportunities.

We have all asked ourselves the question, "how the hell are we going to use this (Algebra, Trigonometry, History) in real life?" But have you ever stopped and thought about HOW you tried to learn the things taught in school? Did you cheat your way through or did you work your ass off trying to absorb multiple data? Yeahhh. I think you get my point.

I apologize in advanced for my pageant-y answer.

I believe education can help eradicate poverty. It can keep us informed about current issues, how to deal with these issues and how we are all affected by them. If we value education enough, we can become a learned society and eventually, we can see progress for all.

P.S. Here, have a barf bag.