May 11, 2011

Scorching Wednesday

Can I tell you about my day? Yes? Okay.

I was supposed to submit my requirements today for passport replacement at the Bel-Air apartment in Ermita, Manila. I had no idea where the building is but I know that it's just along Roxas Blvd. Okay, good enough.

I asked the FX driver where Bel-Air apartment is and he says it's right beside Robinson's Ermita so I get off at Pedro Gil. WRONG MOVE. As it turns out, the Bel-Air Apartment is near the Bayview Hotel. From Pedro Gil to United Nations. Get the distance? Pretty far, mate.

So I decided to walk along Roxas Blvd. under the blistering heat of midday Manila. Ugghhh. Luckily, a few friendly breezes blew. But still. I sweat like a pig. After walking for what seemed like forever, I finally reached it. I got nervous because there were a lot of people waiting outside the building so I asked a random stranger if there was a line to go inside.

His reaction? Hmm. He ignored me for full 30 seconds and then said, "Tanong mo nalang sa guard." Needless to say, that really grrr. Ah! Ignored. So I went inside, did my business at the DFA office and headed out. Now I am hungry and tired. Tomorrow, Embassy naman with lolo.

So fun.