May 16, 2011

ATTIRE: Fashionably Chic

Last May 14 2011, I attended the Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011 Spring Collection show! *applause*


I saw it with JP and two of his Beda friends, Cheska and Daniel. I got to score invites because my good friend, JP is the son of one of the designers, JunJun Cambe. As usual, I was a loser who didn't bring a decent camera and had to rely on her cellphone to take shots.

This year's show was so much fun to watch. Last year, I only got to see two designers' collections. Also, this year, they implemented some drama to the runway models' walks AND with matching music to suit the style of each designer. I mean wow, they even featured music from Moulin Rouge!! :) (WHAAAT)

Emily Sy. ETHEREAL.
The models looked like fairies because they were all wearing fairy dresses! :D I absolutely adored her collection. From the cocktails to the floor sweeping gowns, it was all magic.

Joyce Pilarsky. FRESH.
Started and ended with a bang. Ohh, wow. I would buy her entire collection if I could. It was all swish, sashay, swish, swish :D It does remind me of Moulin Rouge.



JunJun Cambe. FIERCE.
As in literally, FIERCE. Haha. His style was sort of tribal this year. I love love loved the models' hair!! Teased to perfection. :D Amazonians invaded the runway like woah.


Michelle Lim. COLORFUL.
When the models entered the runway in a sort of triangular position, instant splash of color. They collectively looked like a rainbow, no joke. Everything was so bright and bubbly :D



We got freebies this year! (Well, sort of) The official programme plus some fliers that entitle you to discounts in select boutiques and stores. Yay! Better than nothing, right?


This was what I wore:


And this is my "artistic" (yeah right) imitation of it:


I hope I get to see the next one again :D I am sooo wearing heels next time because I easily get lost in the crowd with this petite frame.

Anyway, hung out with my younger sister, Barbs (her friend) and JP back at our condo. We went to the rooftop deck and the pool area! :D Fun day. Exhausting. But very fun nonetheless. :)