May 21, 2013

Norwegian Konfirmasjon

A few days ago, we (mommy, pops, Bellie and I) attended the konfirmasjon of mommy's friend's daughter. Konfirmasjon is similar to a debut but it is celebrated on the girl's 15th birthday. Traditionally, only family and a few close friends are invited but it wasn't the case for the grand purple party we went to.

The table napkins are brilliant!


Program + lyrics to some of the songs to be sung for the party.








I wore my mom's maxi dress. Comfortable but it was practically grazing the floor.








This woman sang a couple of songs for the party, including the English version of Freddie Aguilar's "Anak". I refer to her as "Imelda" because of her sparkly bestida.

My favorite part would probably be the part when they served the appetizer: shrimp, mango and lumpiang shanghai. I'm not sure what to call this plate but it was fantastic. The food and the theme were awesome. :D