July 31, 2012

Nomnomnom Happy Food

Today was hectic.

I had a thesis meeting at 9am and org work to accomplish right after. Being a nocturnal creature, I hate waking up early in the morning. To add to my being slow and pressed for time, there was a flood river right below our building. Oh did I mention I was wearing a skirt? I really wasn't in the mood for jeans.

Anyway, the adventure begins.

The only thing I really looked forward to was spending the day rest of the day until 6pm with one of my favorite people, Kiko. And the fact that we were eating later at Nomnomnom Happy Food. I forgot where I found out about this place. I think I read about it in this review by Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet.


I wish I had a better camera with me because these food shots don't look as tempting when shot by a low-res iTouch camera. :(

 APPETIZER: Cajun Line Shrimp
sauteed shrimps with a tangy spicy kick!

I'm not a fan of spicy food but this one... this one tickled my fancy. I expected shrimps deep fried in batter because I ordered this same appetizer in another restaurant and that was what I got.

I am reminded of shrimp cocktails that my family usually ordered whenever we ate at Steakhouse in Alabang Town Center whenever there's a family event. Sadly, Steakhouse is not there anymore :( I find myself pining for those shrimp cocktails. I like to think that's when I first learned how to love shrimp :3

I looooooove how I tasted the lime, the spices, the bell peppers. All these flavors playing about harmoniously inside my mouth. I love this appetizer! Perked me up nice for the main course.

 MAIN COUSE: Chicken Cacciatore
seared chicken topped with stewed tomatoes, bell pepper, and red wine sauce, served with side salad and spring onion rice

OHMYGOD. The chicken. The rice. The sauce. Those lettuce leaves with dressing. All of them can just reproduce inside my mouth and double, triple, quadruple the flavors. I cut a piece of chicken then wrapped it with the lettuce with a healthy serving of dressing or sauce [?] and then rice. To say it was yummy would be a grave understatement.

The beans, peas and spices go great with the chicken. I absolutely drooled over the sauce. As for the rice, I hate to drop names but I found it so much better and more flavorful than Kenny Rogers' herbed rice.

Two thumbs way WAAAY up!

DESSERT: Cookie Ala Mode
freshly baked giant cookie (dark chocolate chip or white choco with mango and lemon zest) topped with vanilla ice cream

I wasn't too crazy about the giant cookie because it tasted quite burned at some parts but still it was yummy because well, it was chocolate. CHOCOLATE! The cool vanilla ice cream with the rainbow vermicelli was the perfect compliment to the warm giant cookie. The flavors and the temperatures are perfect for each other. The perfect dessert couple!

Kiko ordered extra rice. Haha. He always does.

Here's Nomnomnom's menu taken from their blog.

The place could've used a bit more sprucing up in the outside. There's a glass door which separates the area where we were seated from the area inside which looked warm and reminded me of Noriter Cafe. From the photos in Anton Diaz' review, the place has certainly changed a lot. Well, the last time he went there was year 2009.

I love Nomnomnom's posters, found in their blogs. Follow them on FacebookMultiply and Twitter! It's sad that they don't hold quirky events and happenings anymore :( Please bring them back! I didn't discover you yet when I was still a young kolehiyala!

Well anyway, I really hope they bring back those little gigs and events. Here's to hoping that I find more hidden unique places to eat and hang out here in Manila. Crossed fingers for them to be near South!

Where yummy and healthy go together.


Nomnomnom Happy Food
Facebook | Website
3rd floor Pos Building, Scout MadriƱan cor Tomas Morato
Quezon City, Philippines
(632) 502-2919 | (632) 723-4440
nomhappyfood@gmail.com
Tue - Sun: 12:00 pm - 12:00 am