March 31, 2011

What a Bus Ride

I was riding the bus home a while ago after meeting up with my dad and older brother in Robinson's Manila.

The bus was speeding down Zapote Avenue in Las Piñas when suddenly, it hit the .. Crap, I'm not entirely sure what the bus driver hit but it was pretty bad because you could see particles of debris on the road and the crash sound was really loud. BANG! CRASH! Okay, it didn't exactly sound like that of course but it was still pretty messed up.

Naturally, this was going to be a long night for the poor bus driver and the more unfortunate workers who were working on the Maynilad Construction on the road. We passengers went down.

WAITTT! That's not what this post is about. Before the crash happened, I was watching the news on TV about the 3 convicted OFWs who were executed in China. I swear, that story brought tears to my eyes. I could not imagine what the families of these OFWs were going through. GMA's Saksi covered what the OFWs were doing before their execution. Oddly enough, it kind of reminded me of Rizal's final moments before his execution. A few minutes spent with the family, prohibition of contact with the OFWs.. You know.

My heart goes out to the loved ones of the three OFWs. May God be with you during these dark and trying times. May He give you strength and guidance. God bless, One Love.

And just like that, Consummatum Est.

PS: For more on this news, see here.