June 13, 2013

Manila Food and Beverage Expo 2013

The ultimate foodie, patay gutom, glutton, chef, broke-and-hungry fest! Glenne, Kiko, Naomi and I basically went MAFBEX for the free food and beverage tasting galore.



Aside from the food tasting extravaganza, I went there to help support Food, Health and Science Magazine, since I'm a writer for the mag. You should too! :) We're a bi-monthly that's the first food technology and nutrition magazine in the country. What's more amazing about it is that it's totally run by a group of young individuals with, as Kuya Vic, our CEO, frequently puts it, BRILLIANT MINDS. ;)


Guava juice


BIG WOK!


Brother Bears. :))

I love these dips! My childhood (or rather, pubescent) favorite would definitely have to be TOMATO GARLIC. I fondly remember idle days when I'd watch TV with a jar of the stuff and a box of Skyflakes. Once a pig, always a pig. Oink oink.


Hehe. She bangs.



Omg! This was totally on the bucket list! :))


Petite cotton candy maker! Je adore!

This cotton candy maker is really cool. We were actually surprised that the demonstrator/exhibitor placed a MAX candy in and then cotton candy goodness starting webbing out. Nice!




Sauna. But it had no effect on me then because the machine needed a few minutes to heat up. So okay, moving on...

Shakey's set-up a big ass van cum restaurant at the back part of the entire venue. Right. :)

MAFBEX 2013. Ugh, blurry picture. I took such a nice shot beforehand for the couple who took this for us. Rrrr, oh well.

In totality, the experience was a party for the tummy. It was fun just going around looking at the exhibits and mooching off the free tasting booths. Although by the time we got to the 5th or 6th row, we were already tired and groggy from everything we ate. It was all just rather mixed up inside our stomachs. Haha.

I'll be going back to MAFBEX this Saturday to help man the FH&S booth. MAFBEX 2013 runs from June 12 until the 16th. Entrance is Php 100 for adults and kids. Senior citizens get in for Php 80. The entrance fee is worth all the exploring and eating and eating some more. ;)

P.S. The photos didn't visually document the event very well. Hihi. Someone give me a camera! Although I love it, I don't want to whip out my iPad anymore every time I need to take a decent photo. :(