August 27, 2013

Namaste! Yogi Fair August 2013

Girls wearing flower bands, sitar psychedelic music, vegetarian food, earth-friendly products, yoga stuff, art, peace symbols, tie dye. All these things seem reminiscent of Woodstock in the 60's. And yes, all these things and more were had at the Yogi Fair


Last Sunday, my friends and I visited the Yogi Fair at My Little Art Place along Wilson St. in Greenhills. It was supposed to be held last August 18 but then Maring had a bitch fit which then rendered the event moved to August 25.


There were a lot of interesting booths, items, food and people around the fair. MYLAP was a bit small but it served as a highly perfect setting for such an event. It being an art gallery/school, the paintings hung around the place contrasted well with all the hippie hype going around.

Hippie accessories, shirts and trinkets. Told you it was a Woodstock Fair.

Yadu Bags. They're a bit pricy but they're made of different fabrics and cloths thus making interesting and intricate patch works for quirky designed bags and wallets.

FLOW: Yoga, Surf, Samba. They were selling yogi earth-friendly products plus other items like rash guards, soaps and food.

I bought a yogi earth-friendly tank top and Gypsy's friend scented balm. They also sold Aerosox and refreshingly scented mist.

My Vegetarian Cuisine is the brainchild of one of our yogi friends, Jaya Ladyong. She creates vegetarian versions of popular Pinoy dishes like pancit malabon, barbecue, Korean beef, lumpia, etc. Pretty interesting since she and her family have been vegetarians since birth.

Baby friendly products for babies and people with babies.

Hand-stitched dolls and soaps. Those dolls looks really cute but I had half a mind to buy one for my rabbits, Zulu and Ghandi. As for the soaps, I was supposed to buy their mint (MY FAVORITE FLAVOR/SCENT) sanitizer but I decided against it because I still have alcohol. Nyehehehihizm. Anyway, I loved the soaps but I with what little moolah I had left, I had to walk away from the calling of those sud bars.

(L-R) Ate Kunti, Ate Satya and Ate Krista. Our pretty yogini friends who, like Ate Jaya, have also been vegetarians since birth. They were running a food booth called Yogi's Bar. I loved the chocolate chip cookie and the Chai Tea.


More vegan/vegetarian friendly snacks and dishes available from this booth.

Ever heard of Brown Rice? Yes? Good. Their advocacy is healthy eating using brown/red/black rice.

This band was playing hypnotizing sound vibrations that made for excellent background music during the fair. I absolutely love hippie sitar-y yogi music.

Toilet Matchbox. Need to dump in the john? Match a light and burn the scent away. Just the scent of your crap, not the entire rest room.


Hippies, not hipsters.

Those little pipes look familiar. :> I wanted to buy but it's not like I have a stash of...sandwiches.

(L-R) Billy, Naomi, Kiko, MM, Kuya Alec


Getting our grub on with My Vegetarian Cuisine.

Vegetarians and pseudo vegetarians unite.
(Clockwise) Billy, Kiko, Ate Kunti, Ate Krista, Ate Satya, Ate Sachi L, Ate Sachi T, Kuya Alec, MM, Naomi.


Ate Kunti, why so tall? :(

After roaming around the Yogi Fair, we went to Kuya Rayan's art room to make noise while he was having an art class with two of his students. Hihi.

Multi-tasker much!

With Kuya Rayan :)

When we were about to go home, we scored free vegetarian chocolate cake from Ate Krista from Yogis Bar. Yay! It's veg but it's just as sinfully delicious as regular chocolate cake.

Kuya Alec and Billy. :))



The next fair would probably be next month on September 15 but we're not yet sure. The organizers were hoping to make it a monthly affair. Yay! See you at the next one! Haribol!